Virtual consultation equipment – Anesthetists telehealth robot
System: IN Touch Health V2 Lite Robot
To find a way to deliver a CT Scan to a COVID-19 patient with out staff having to remove their PPE Kit.
Prior to use of In Touch Health Video technology, the CT scan was delivered with either:
- Additional Anaesthetists in Non PPE Kit supporting the CT Scan in the Control room
- ‘Dirty Staff’ remove their PPE then support the CT Scan through the Observation Port in the Control Room. Once Completed they wear a new set of PPE Kit, collect the patient and leave.
What was the solution?
"The In Touch Health V2 Lite Robot"
Using the IN Touch robotic system, you can connect from home or any off site location, via a computer, smart phone or tablet device, to a virtual consultation high definition camera within the hospital to get a crystal-clear and close up view of a patient.
The robot device, which is located in the clinical area, features a screen, speakers and a microphone to enhance a two-way link, equipping you with mobile eyes and ears.
The ‘driver’ can sit at home, or in another building, linking up to the robotic video device.
The In Touch Health V2 Lite Robot was located in the control room behind the glass next to the CT Scanner In ED. This meant that the robot was away from the COVID-19 Patient and staff wearing Personal Protective Equipment but could still observer the patient during the scan scan safely through the control room window. An iPad on a display stand was located in a room near the CT Scanner on a display stand. This allowed staff in Full PPE to both observe the scan and maintain full 2 way contact with the Control Room.
What are the Benefits.
- CT Scan is now achieved without staff dressed in PPE Kit having to visit the Observation Port used during the CT Scan. They can now Monitor the staff from a ‘Safe Haven’.
- Patient receives the CT Scan without the need for staff to have to don and doff PPE kit.
- It takes approximately 30 mins for 2 people to ‘Don & Doff PPE Kit’Patient receives treatment without the need to wait for the end to travel restrictions.
Better Use of Resources